The veuglaire model, cannon supplies and tools are done, but in the meantime the project expanded to include 2d crew and 3d horses and limber both in a very early phase of design.
Below you can see the finished cannon at ease (crew went for a beer) with what is completed. I am quite happy that it is all done without any non paper parts (no wire, no toothpicks, no putty etc, and that includes cannon shots visible in the bucket).
Next few pics are a brief sneak peek of what is to come. First two show the cannon on the march. The limber is not even a draft model. It is just a proxy, made of spare parts from cannon test prints. I made it to evaluate the overall length of the cannon with the limber and horse, and to get the overall impression of how it may look like.
The last pic is my first attempt at making a crew. It is master gunner lighting the fuse.
It has been a long time since I have finished a drawing of a human. Most of my drawings in past few years were architectural sketches and even if they included people, they were schematic without any detail. There is a lot here to improve but still it was fun to draw him, hopefully I will refresh my drawing skills working on his fellow crewmen.